HOME / PRODUCTS / ON BOARD SYSTEMS
SEPSAMEDHA's ASFA Digital equipment (Automatic Signal Announcement and Braking), is an on-board equipment that controls the train driving under the safety parameters established by ADIF, by means of a semi-continuous ATP (Automatic train protection) system, which provides a continuous supervision of the speed by means of punctual transmission of information through beacons.
SEPSAMEDHA's ASFA equipment is installed in numerous series of RENFE vehicles. Both the hardware and the software are our own engineering. SEPSAMEDHA offers the system integration service for all kinds of railway machines. The whole system is under a SIL IV level.
How it Works
The System processes the driving information from the track and shows a series of indications to the driver to warn him and to facilitate the execution of the required actions over the train. When the system detects that the speed controls set are not being followed, it acts on the train's emergency brake, acting in this case as an emergency protection device. The ASFA Digital System provides speed monitoring along the entire train route, receiving the information using a system of beacons installed on the track.
ECP - Process and Control Equipment
Visual Display Screen
- In-cab announcement and repetition of the appearance of track traffic signals.
- Sending of visual and acoustic indications.
- Supervision of the correct performance of the driver when receiving ASFA Digital track information, thus triggering an emergency brake in the opposite case.
- Supervision of the speed, depending on the active controls in the on-board equipment at the time.
- Interface with other train elements:
- Frecuency Sensing subsystem.
- Braking equipment.
- Legal Recorder.
- Signal and Event Logging to be analyzed by means of the Event Logging System Analysis SW.
- System parameters customization according to specification.
- System classified as SIL-4, in compliance with CENELEC 50129, 50128 and 50126 standards.